Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Nov 27, 2012

Soar - TCP Release Day!!


Good morning!!  It's Release Day at The Cat's Pajamas and I know you are all as excited as I am about this release!  If you've been following all week you've seen some amazing projects from the Cat Pack!  And, today is not only Release Day, it's also TCP Tuesday and since Lori is our Hostess With the Mostest you should start this hop on her blog - go ahead, I'll wait!

Ok, Lori's challenge today, in honor of TCP's 10th anniversary is Going Vintage!!  Now's your chance to show us your favorite vintage style!  I went with a moddy-retro look for my cards - yes I made 2!  I made one with traditional Christmas red and green and another that work for any time of year!


I was envisioning a graphic look with a monochromatic image and pretty clean-and-simple.  It ended up being a lot harder than I thought!


I used the new Soar set starring (haha, pun intended!) everyone's favorite bunny!  I also used some of the new CutUps dies, the Star Rosette and the star topper from Holiday Toppers to give me the little die cut stars.


Here is my everyday card - this could be a graduation card, a new job card, an encouragement card - so many possibilities!! I used a bit more color on this one but went with a vintage-y color palette, red and aqua (funny, we were just talking about these colors at the TCP Pajama Party tonight!). 



I also added a bit of bling shooting out of the rocket!  Doesn't that bunny's face just make you giggle!! What a fun set this would be for a space-themed birthday party!!

Thanks so much for visiting!! Remember to check out the challenge thread in the TCP Forum on Splitcoaststampers - play along and leave your link!! It's time now to head over to Wendy's blog - she was one of our Swanky Stampers guest designing with us this month!  Have a great day!

Photobucket


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that design!!!! Those wonky sentiment panels are YUMMMM0-Y too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total cuteness, Julie! Love the Christmas rocket bunny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Fabulous. I love the semi monochromatic look! And the shading on the Rocket ship is outta this world

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabby! Love the rhinestone trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so retro...love it Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh- Julie, these are full on retro and mod. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both great looking and I think you got the mod look.
    I loved seeing all the creations this week and had a blast playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rhinestone trail behind the rocket. Great job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, these are both awesome! Perfect retro mod style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover